SAFE AND SECURE SHOPPING
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE GATHER ABOUT OUR CUSTOMERS?
• Information That You Provide: We receive and store any information that you enter on our Site or give us in any way. This information is used to enhance your experience on the Site, to respond to your requests, to customize your shopping experience and to communicate with you.
• Automatic Information: Some information is received and stored automatically whenever you interact with us. “Cookies” are one example of this type of information. In internet terms, a “cookie” is a text file that websites send to visiting computers/devices to identify the visiting computer/device. We also may use third-party website analytics tools. These tools collect information about visitor traffic on the Site.
• Information from Other Sources: We might also receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. All information gathered is for the sole purpose of personalizing and improving your user experience and our Services generally.
HOW DOES CHICK, INC. USE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION?
We use your contact information for the following purposes only to:
• Register you as a user on the Site;
• Manage and/or maintain your user account and favorites on our the Site;
• Process and deliver purchases, returns, backorders etc.;
• Communicate with you and provide customer support; and
• Let you know about products, promotions and events that might be of special interest to you;
If for some reason you would prefer not to receive emails from CHICK, INC. simply email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject line. Please note that any requests to remove or update your contact information may take seven to ten working days to take effect.
HOW DOES CHICK, INC. USE YOUR OTHER CUSTOMER INFORMATION?
• Customize our services and product offerings to suit your needs and interests;
• Record purchases that you have made on the Site;
• Let you communicate with us through social networks and other media;
• Allow you to post comments on the Site, on social networks and other media;
• Protect you against fraud and unauthorized transactions, including identifying potential unauthorized users and/or hackers;
• Enforce our Terms; and
• Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
DOES CHICK, INC. SHARE CUSTOMER INFORMATION?
Your privacy is always respected when you shop with CHICK, INC. or use the Services. From time to time we might establish business relationships with other persons or entities whom we believe trustworthy and whom we have asked to confirm that their privacy policies are consistent with ours. Your customer information is sometimes shared with such carefully selected partners in order to enhance your shopping experience. We also sometimes allow third-party companies to collect certain anonymous information (e.g. mouse clicks, mouse movements, scroll behavior and/or keystroke activity) during your visits in order to further enhance your shopping experience and our Services generally.
We also may share your information with unaffiliated third parties who provide services to us such as hosting the Site, helping us to maintain and manage our customer information, communicate with our customers, service the Site, conduct promotions or surveys, and order fulfillment, etc. We do not authorize any of these service providers to use or disclose customer information other than in connection with providing services to us.
In the event of a sale or merger of CHICK, Inc. our customer’s personal information may be shared with the merged or purchasing entity. You should also be aware that we may disclose specific information about you if required to do so by law, governmental request or court order or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with such law, request or court order or to protect the users of the Site or the public.
Notice to California Residents: If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by CHICK, Inc. to any third parties, including (i) a list of the categories of personal information about you that we have disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the calendar year preceding your request, (ii) the names and addresses of such third parties, and (iii) if the nature of the third parties’ business cannot reasonably be determined from their names, examples of the products or services marketed sufficient to give you a reasonable indication of the nature of the third parties’ business. To submit a request with the subject heading “CALIFORNIA PRIVACY REQUEST” to email@example.com
HOW SECURE IS MY CUSTOMER INFORMATION?
We are committed to maintaining the highest levels of security and protection against fraud. We stay up-to-date with the latest in security technologies to ensure that your credit card information, contact information and shipping/billing information are confidential and safe. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your contact information, to the extent permitted by law, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from the Site, you do so at your own risk.
The Site may contain links to other sites and services on or through the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties, including but not limited to the third party responsible for processing your payments. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for the operation of or content located on or through any such site and such links do not constitute an endorsement of such sites or their content. Please read the terms and conditions applicable to such third party services and sites
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain CHICK, Inc. promotions. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject line.
ARE CHILDREN ALLOWED TO USE SHOPHEYCHICK.COM?
By using the Site or our other Services you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older. We do not direct the Services to persons under the age of 18. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we do not solicit or knowingly collect any online information from children under the age of 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us immediately at email@example.com so that we may take steps to remove such information.
CONDITIONS OF USE, NOTICES, AND REVISIONS